Thursday 15 November 2012

black girl hair issues!

I've been going back and forth as to what to blog about. Finally I decided to do a dreads blog, or at least, talk a little bit about something close to home that has been a source of inspiration. Seriously, don't roll your eyes (don't think I didn't see you!) and tell me that there are tonnes of dread blogs out there. Truth of the matter is that I haven't seen any that says anything about my style of dreads and I thought I should do something about it.

First off, I had the same problem a lot of black girls out there have- the desire to have straight, long hair like white girls. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting hair like them but sometimes, maybe we need to take a step back now and then and figure out why God does what He does and just live with it. I had to come to terms with the fact that God knew what He was doing when He made me black and gave me 'nappy' hair and He will give me the grace or wisdom to know how to manage it.

OK! Let me just be honest and come out and say the truth and shame the devil! It wasn't like I received a revelation from God or heard any voice like that o! The truth is that I had no option but to accept my lot after a self-done hair dye job went awry and I lost 3/4 of the back of my beautiful shoulder length hair.  He he he!
I wish I had taken pictures to share with y'all but it's best I spare you such a sorry sight!

So the next best thing was to cover the head with extensions which I did in form of micro-sized twists. It was all nice and all. The downside to that, however, is that it can't stay in your hair indefinitely- sooner or later, you'll have to take it out. So, the solution was to keep putting in the extensions. I had just had a baby at the time and so didn't really had the time to do anything about my hair so it was perfect for a while.

I'll tell you some other time how the rest of the story went. Thanks for reading. 
                                                                                  Me with my 2 divas! Lol!

2 comments:

  1. my sister blog is finally here. go girl. hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisi, wow, so you actually found me sha?! didn't think i will ever get any viewers. but seriously, thanks for looking me up and i really appreciate the support!

      Delete