Thursday 15 November 2012

A lil intro

I forgot to introduce myself in my first post so you have some idea who I am and what I am about.

Alright, so my name is Chioma (nee Ibeneme) Okoye. As i write this, I am a 33 years old Nigerian, married to the man of my dreams and also a mother to 2 beautiful divas. I am a Christian and love Jesus and have loved Him since I was 8 years old. I grew up in a Christian home with both parents who were Minsters of the Gospel (my father died when I was 14 and my mom still pastors the ministry he left behind till today). Both parents are (were) Medical Doctors and have an insane obsession with the need for all their children to be properly educated as well.

I am the first of 4 children and I can assure you that it wasn't easy being the first! What, with having to bear the brunt for any mishap- something about learning the importance of responsibility. Now for those of us who grew up in Nigeria, you know what that means. If the sun forget to set on time, my behind got the whip... yeah, that kind of thing. I hated it at the time but being a mother myself now, I totally understand the Biblical concept of 'sparing the rod and spoiling the child'. I know some of you would really have a problem with what I am about to say, but it is really important for children to have some elements of fear of their parents. Get me right- healthy fear not terror. We fear being hit by a bus when crossing the street and so we look right and left before venturing out to avoid being killed, right? Well, something like that. Alright, moving on!

So, hobbies, right? Hmm... well, one thing I can honestly say I love is eating! Lol! That's right, girlfriend has serious issues with food! I used to be able to burn it all off because I used to dance in University but not anymore. So, I am just adding and adding and it does get really frustrating shopping for clothes these days... oh well!


No comments:

Post a Comment